Neato things on Etsy

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Some More Charity Knitting and a Swatch

I made a preemie hat and blanket for the Stanford winter charity drive.   Personally, I think Caramel should go into the modeling business!  She is so darn cute!


And I started Tim's unpronounceable sweater.  It's actually a lot easier than I thought it would be!  I was almost fearing it, but now I am really enjoying how it's knitting up!  I see it as a good challenge; not too overwhelming but definitely keeps you thinking!

Here's the swatch I did to get gauge and to play with some of the cable patterns.

The yarn Tim picked out is called Svale by Dalegarn (www.dale.no).  It's Norwegian (of course, sinceTim has a thing about Nordic countries.  Have I mentioned he wants some Icelandic wool just because of the sheep's name?). 

The yarn contains 50% cotton (aka "bomull" in Norwegian), 40 "viskose" and 10% "silke".  Shows up kinda shiny-like but man the yarn is splitty, especially when knit with size friggin' 3 needles!

No comments: