Neato things on Etsy

Saturday, June 28, 2008

Search for sleeveless cardigan pattern

So I've been on a quest to find a sleeveless cardigan pattern that's knit in the round, something like this (by Lucia):


Man, I never knew it was so hard to find such a thing!! The cardigan (aka button up vest) is for my dad, so I want to find a "good" looking vest that's also fairly easy to make. (Easy meaning not much sewing up of pieces.)

I think I'm going to start with a pattern generator (KnitWare is so far my favorite, because the directions are clear and the diagrams are very good) then tweek it so it's in the round. I might try steeking because it *seems* easier than having to work the top portion of the front and back pieces.

Of course I'm going to make a small doll/child vest first to try. My goal is to finish my dads vest by the end of next week, which means I should finish the sample vest by this weekend. We'll see!

No comments: