Neato things on Etsy

Friday, June 13, 2008

How I started

Casey on Ravelry asked the question "What was your first project" and she got me thinking about how I got started.

Here is what I wrote:

I first learned to knit….I believe when I was frustrated by work or something. I somehow found my way into a Michael’s (doesn’t most people?) and picked up one of those “Learn to Knit” kits. It came with a thin book, some needles, and other supplies. They still sell them now, by the way!! And that’s how I got started, thanks to that little kit!


And yes, I did the scarf and hat. Then made a cabled afghan that took 3 years (it seemed like). Now that I’ve settled down and re-prioritized my life so work is not #1, I’m finding myself crazy (CRAZY!!!) about knitting! I crave it every night, and every weekend. I hope I’m not the only one!


irene

No comments: