Neato things on Etsy

Friday, November 21, 2008

Mittens! Video! Tigers, oh My!!

I finished the back side of Tim's sweater and JUST needed a break!  The small needles, fine yarn, and seemingly endless-ness of the piece was making my eyes water, and I needed a quick fix.

So I made a paire of mittens!  Yeah!  For me!  Whoo!  Wanna see?


The pattern is from Ann Budd's "The Knitter's Handy Book of Patterns."  I made it with my favorite Japanese yarn (Noro Silk Garden).  Yum.... so pretty, although next time I would knit it with a much tighter guage.   

Overall, this was an easy and quick project, and boy, very addicting.  I think mittens might be to me what socks are to other knitters.  Quick, fun, can't get enough.  Except....one can only have so many pairs of mittens.   Maybe I'll try knitting socks, but with slightly thicker yarn, kinda like mittens but socks! =)

And lastly, someone on one of my knitting email lists passed along this thought-provoking video.  Awesome.  And somewhat shocking to see so much unraveling captured on film.  Shudder...

(Take a look)


No comments: